The Local History Library serves over 3,000 people a year from all over the country looking for information on family history and historical documents from the Miami County area. The research Library features books, maps, manuscripts, wills, land records, etc. An extensive microfilm/fiche catalog includes county marriage records, census, birth, death, and many other records.
The Local History Library has been in existence since the 1960s and has partnered with the Troy Historical Society to preserve historical materials in one location.
Microfilm and holdings available for use include:
Family Books & Binders Holdings
- Dayton Journal Herald Microfilm Holdings
- Troy Daily News - May 25, 1914 thru Dec 1968
- Miami Union - Dec. 31, 1864 - thru end of publishing history Dec., 1952. We are missing the issues of this weekly between January, 1884 and December, 1886.
- Troy Weekly Times - August 29, 1850 - November 8, 1855
- Troy Times - March, 1825 - October, 1868
Subject File Folder Collection A-L
For a listing of additional historical websites for Troy and Miami County, please visit Discover Troy.
For more information on the Local History Library, contact Patrick Kennedy at 335-4082 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The hours are Mon & Wed. 10-8; Tues., Thurs. & Fri. 10-4; and Sat. 9-1.