The Troy-Miami County Public Libraries will close at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, November 25, and will be closed on Thursday, November 26, for the Thanksgiving Holiday. The outside book return will be open for your convenience. Enjoy your holiday!
This fall, Troy-Miami County Public Library surveyed parents of children enrolled in Imagination Library. The responses were overwhelming and re-affirm the positive outcomes of this program. This is what parents have to say about Imagination Library in Miami County.
Since joining Imagination Library:
· 98 % say their child is more interested in reading
· 90 % say they spend more quality time together as a family
· 96 % say they feel their child will be more prepared for school
· 53 % read to their child more than 1 time/day, a 27 % increase
What Parents are Saying:
· “I know for me, I didn't like to read. She seems to enjoy it, and I'm hoping it sticks with her. Reading was my worst subject growing up, so I'm trying to make sure it's not hers too!”
Do you have left over holiday cards from past years? Bring them to the Troy Library during open hours, beginning Monday, November 23 through Monday, January 4, 2016, and exchange them for something new! You are also entered into a drawing when you participate. All cards must be unsigned and have an envelope.
Join us for our annual tree trimming party. Make an ornament for our tree and one to take home. Enjoy refreshments, too.
Registration opens November 16, please call 339-0502 ext. 133 to register.
Join us for a game of chess, on the first Thursday of the month, at the Troy Library. Challenge your friends or learn a new skill; you'll be amazed at how your game will improve!
The chess club is open to everyone with an interest in the game, even if you've never played before, and it is a great activity for the whole family!