The library strives to provide educators extended access to educational library materials and will provide special Teacher Cards to educational organizations, schools, teachers, home school parents, and leaders/staff of youth organizations.
- Teachers wishing to use the bookmobile should return their completed application to the bookmobile or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is assumed that teachers meeting the bookmobile with their class are employed with the school and will not have to show school ID when applying for a card or renewing a card.
- All other teachers should reach out to Andrea Wackler, and your request will be directed to the appropriate person.
- An agency director, principal, or other person may choose to obtain a card and share their card with others in the organization. The person signing for the card is responsible for materials not returned. Educators will be charged for lost or damaged materials. The library does not charge fines.
- Teacher Cards will expire yearly on September 1 and can be renewed in person or by calling 937-339-0502.
- The Teacher Card should only be used to check out instructional materials for the classroom. Educators should check out personal items on a personal library card. If the card is misused, it will be cancelled.
Teacher Collection Request
Educators may request a collection of books to be selected for them. The library staff enjoys helping teachers provide materials to enrich the learning experience of their students.
- Requests may be made by phone, email, or in person. Please request as early as possible (14 days is appreciated).
- The pick-up date is established when making the request.
- Educators may request to be notified by email only when the collection is ready. Delivery of a collection can be made to schools in Troy through the “school pony.”
- The collection will no longer be available if not picked up seven days after the established pick-up date.
- Email Andrea to request a collection or for more information.